Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Vulnerability

Vulnerability
                -definition-“Capable or susceptible to being wounded or hurt; open to attack, criticism, or temptation.”

Thought
·         When we are born and young, we are vulnerable.
·         When we are old, we are vulnerable.

In between those times we work hard and diligently to prove we are not vulnerable.  

Yet, no matter our age, socio-economic, physical, or even relationship status, we are vulnerable.  

While in the “between” stages, we prefer to think of ourselves as ten feet tall and bullet-proof, we are vulnerable.

We may be the brunt of a vicious rumor or the butt of an insensitive joke.

We may struggle with mental illness or simply wonder our place in the world.  In John 1:7 we learn of the light we may rely on, even when we struggle.

In 2015 my world was rocked with certain struggles.  However I prayed that God promised to give me life and to give it abundantly.  While I struggled greatly, I was rewarded with a rejuvenation of my values and relationships.

While my fiscal resources were just enough, my love and learning overflowed!


While our culture values us building and maintaining a façade of invulnerability, I vow to allow my vulnerability to be known and to rely on Spirit to demonstrate the Light for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment