Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Christmas Gift


I got a Kindle for Christmas!

I was somewhat worried about how I would like it-how I would respond to reading on it because I perceived it to be very different than holding a book in your hand. I love writing notes to myself and highlighting in my books. I knew I would miss this with the Kindle and so imagine how excited I was when I learned my new Kindle allows me to both highlight and make notes!

I have read The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene' Brown and Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott since getting my Kindle on Christmas day. I have also purchased SOAR the Thin book of Strategy that I plan on reading tomorrow.

The two books are pretty inspirational regarding being relational in one's life. There were connections between the two books.

I'm trying to get as much "fun" reading in as I can before I buckle down in January to work on the dissertation proposal.


No comments:

Post a Comment