Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Astonished (Theoretical)

Today I was shocked to conduct my interview. It is HARD WORK!

Jeez you have to be super organized BEFORE the interview else you're shuffling around getting everything signed and situated while you're wanting to get things started.

I was nervous and that shocked me. I'm totally passionate about my topic, I know my interviewee well so being nervous was a surprise for me!

My questions seemed to go too quickly. I scheduled us for an hour but it did not take that long.

However, I really enjoyed just listening to the person speak, tell the story, answer the questions, and let the words fall from their mouth, knowing that I will have an opportunity to pour over the words several times and sift through them to find themes.

It's exciting and humbling at the same time.

On an unrelated topic, I spent the day walking the residence halls with the University's Risk Management Director and the Texas State Fire Marshall's office representative. He's conducting an inspection (THOROUGH) of the residential facilities. He's going into random student rooms and making sure we have our facilities in a safe condition. Talk about intense! However I am SO PROUD of my staff. There are 1800 people on campus and we're probably going into half the rooms right now and they look AMAZING! *sigh of relief*

I am blessed to work with people who care so much about their work and are so dedicated!

No comments:

Post a Comment